tirsdag 1. desember 2009

5 categories

A few weeks ago we got 5 new categories to guide us on the camerafront, they were:

- Own choice - nature
- Hands
- Light
- Black/white
- Weather

Once again our task was to pick out ten different photos, so here we go:

Own choice:

These two pictures I took from my own freedom. I don´t believe there´s a general purpose behind them, but I figured I could put them both under my own category; nature.





















- original





This was actually the first photo I took with my new cellphone, it´s a Nokia E71 with a 3,2 mp camera. It´s taken in the summer and on the side you can see a small version og the original photo. I´ve cropped this photo and had a little fun with it in photoshop. When this lucky shot was captured it was bright sunlight outside and the butterfly flew away right after. For me summer looks exactly like this photo, at least the original.
Camera - Cellphone Nokia E71 3,2 mp.



































Sometimes when I´m out for a walk right before it gets dark there´s an incredible light, and when you look at the trees around they look entirely black, that´s what I´ve tried to catch in this one. I stood under the tree and took the picture from underneath facing the sky. One thing I learned though is that you have to be a really good photographer to catch that blue and mysterious winter light, and you got to know your camera.
Camera - Nikon D40.

Hands:

I got two photos in this category, but I also have a third one with two categories.



































This is my hand. The composition is slightly to the left side, but in my eyes that made the photo better. The room it´s taken in is lightened up by a lamp consisting 3 light bulbs. I have not fixed a lot on this picture, but I made the colors a bit weaker to get an antique feeling that fits with the jewelry I´m holding.
Camera - Nikon D40.





















- Original















This is not one of my favorite photos, it´s not sharp enough. At first it was just a joke, me and my friends were bored when we waited for the bus, but after looking at it for a while I kind of liked it. Despite the dark colors it sends out a lot of positive energy. It´s taken on a pretty grey day, but the light was good. What I´ve learned from this photo though, is that photos are fun, and it´s posible to share it with other people and get internal memories.
Camera - Cellphone Nokia E71 3,2 mp.

Hands and light:

This picture fits into two different categories, so I chose to place it in both.





























It´s taken in front of a poster behind my lamp in my room. I´ve always been facinated by old photos, so I chose to use the sepia effect. If you take a good look at the hand you can see major contrastes the lightest area is almost plane white and the darkest area is almost pitchblack. The lamp in the photo is the only thing that lights up the room, which is probably why it´s not as sharp as it could´ve been, but it works with the sepia effect.
Camera - Nikon D40.

Light and weather:

These two pictures fits in two different categories as well, both light and weather.






















- Original













I live on the top of a mountain, and every sunny morning I´ve always wanted to capture the sun rising. One morning I finally got my camera and did it. The sunlight spreads throughout the picture and reflects in the water. I edited away some of the redish light on the mountains, which made the photo better in my opinion. The biggest thing I learned is that sometimes it´s worth getting out of bed early.
Camera - Nikon D40.




























After a long day the sun goes down, this photo is taken from the bus window out on Forus. It was one of those spontanious captures. I was really facinated by the sky and the building areas, the light made all the buildings and other stuff look so much darker, and the clouds stood in such a big contrast to the sky. Since the photo is taken with my cellphone, it´s not the greatest, but I still like the image, it´s sort of a modern sunset.
Camera - Cellphone Nokia E71 3,2 mp.

Black and white:

I have one picture in only black and white, but as you can see above I´ve used this effect together with colors in some of the other photos.



































I´m kind of a messy person, but this week I managed to find "art" between the mess. On my floot there was a bunch of cd´s and some earings lying around, so I put my camera on the floor and pushed the off button, not really knowing what the turnout would be, in my opinion it was a lucky shot. The reflections in the cd´s plays with the light from the lamp and that´s what makes the whole picture worth watching.
Camera - Nikon D40.

Weather:

The two photos I have under this category is very different from each other, one is from the summer, and one from now, autumn/winter.





















Lately we´ve had a lot of cold weather, and this weekend the ground started freezing up. I really like this picture because it looks like autumn covered in winter. The colors were really clear and you can see the frost glimmer. I captured this image on a grey sunday and I learned that a lot of things are prettier close up, all though not everything. By the way if you click on the photo it will get clearer than it is here.

Camera - Nikon D40.
























There´s some pictures that you might feel you´ve seen before, like the traditional picture of a railroad, sometimes with a lonely person walking towards the distant end of it. This summer I was going for a walk and I saw the picture from a different view. A more happy and sunny picture. I have played a little with the black/white effect in photoshop, to make a bigger contrast. The things I´ve learned might be that there´s always different ways to look at a photo, different sides.

Camera - Cellphone Sony Ericsson, can´t remember mp on the camera.

1 kommentar:

  1. Kjempemange fine bilder =) Et bilde jeg likte spesielt godt var det bildet med den stillige himmelen (det med heisekraner i forgrunnen). Det var utrolig fint!

    SvarSlett