mandag 28. september 2009

5 categories

For the last few weeks, we´ve been working on a photo project. The assignment says that we have five different categories to take inspiration from.


- Autumn
- Animals
- Fruit, berries and groceries
- Composition
- Reflection


Our task was to pick out our ten best pictures, so here´s my outline:


Autumn:
These four pictures is inspired by Norwegian autumn. When I went out on a little mountain hike to take these pictures, the rain had just left it´s mark on nature. I just thought the water made it all prettier in it´s own special way, it made it shine a little bit more. That you can see on my first picture here.




















My camera is a Nikon D40, and when I took this picture I took it from (almost) underneath the straws. The idea was nothing special, just to capture the raindrops in a picture frame.

























On this second photo I just wanted a close up on nature. I haven´t opened this photo in photoshop or anything, so the color is absolutely gorgeous (in my opinion). The sky that day was pretty dark and grey, but the light was great.




















- Original


This is my third and second last autumn photo. It´s a wet spiderweb, and I have to admit that I did make it a little better in Iphoto. But other than that I really loved the color and the clear drops of cold autumn rain.






















Now this was my absolute favorite autumn capture. I took this one from underneath the straws as well, and since the sky was grey it sat the straws and the raindrops much more in focus.


Animals:






























One of the other categories - animals. This is my cat, Spiff, and of course to me he´s gorgeous. In this first photo though I really think I managed to capture the colors of his fur and eyes. The picture is taken outside, on a grey day.































This is a picture of my preciousness in a profile. I think the red sofa in the background really increases the orange color of the fur. And it´s a one second shot, a lucky one. The light in this picture was some how different though. I took this one inside, but still, I took it with my Nikon D40, so it turned out great after all.


Fruit, berries and groceries/composition/reflection:


When we had our first assignment, I chose to combine the fruit pictures with composition. I took fruits and berries and put them in the freezer, and after that I sat them on a mirror out in the rain.
























- Original

This picture I´ve showed you before further down on my blog, but it´s one of my ten best photos in this assignment, so I´ll just show it again. I used the same camera on this picture, and the idea was to have a close up to the berries and see how they look like when they´re frozen/wet. And the mirror reflects it which makes it kind of fascinating when with the water.
























I did the same thing with this apple that I did with the berries above. The weather that day was pretty greyish, which it is most days here in Norway. But the light is great to take pictures it though.


Reflection and composition:





























This is me and two of my friends down by the dock in Stavanger. We all gathered in front of a window with the sea in the background and took a picture of our reflection. Behind this one there wasn´t really any idea, more of a spontaneous picture. I haven´t put autumn in the title of this one, but the weather is clearly inspired by it.


Reflection:























This is my last and final picture for this assignment. It´s my reflections in Andreas´s car window at Hå Gamle Prestegard. As you can see the weather was beautiful that day. I get a real "summerfeeling" by looking at it because of the colors, and as the one above, it was a spontaneous picture. Sometimes those have a tendency of getting rather good, so if photographing is a hobby of yours and you have a digital camera, just snap away. You never know when you´re gonna get your lucky shot =)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar